As you may know Tintwistle Cricket Club held its Annual General Meeting on Tuesday 5th December 2017.
During the meeting it was unanimously agreed to award the following people Life Membership of the club. This is in acknowledgement of all their hard work and efforts that have benefited the club over many years.
- Joyce Harris
- Linda Barber
- Marie Blackwell
- Jay Patel
Joyce, Marie and Linda’s off field contributions are second to none. Their many years of support has enriched the fabric of TCC and made it a much happier place. Countless teas served, the running of many events, co-coordinating sponsorship and in Marie’s case the running of the bonus ball have made a real difference to the club.
Jay’s on field contribution is the stuff of dreams for amateur cricket clubs. Jay’s career spanned over 30 years from 1984 to 2017. With over 230 wickets taken and best bowling figures of 8-16 against Longstone (1985) Jay has played a crucial part in keeping TCC competitive on the field. Also worthy of mention is Jay won the TCC Second XI Bowling Averages in his final season and was rightly voted the 2017 2nd XI Captain’s Player of the Season.
We hope all of our new Life Members accept this acknowledgement as a token of the club’s appreciation for the various roles they have all played.
On behalf of TCC, a heartfelt thank you!
Tintwistle CC held the annual general meeting at Tintwistle Liberal Club on Tuesday 5th December. Below you can find the Chair Report which provides commentary against the 2016-2020 Development plan as well as confirmation of election of officers.
- Clubmark has not progressed to the extent that I would like. This is down to burning much of my resource on resolving the issues with the senior shirts during the season and switching focus to the NTP grant application. However, if we can focus attention over the winter, then we remain on track to be re-certified Summer 2018.
- Excellent progress made by Sarah Leah, Stuart Rose and AJ Harris to build relationships with 3rd party organisations including Derbyshire Sport, DCB, TAFC and other cricket clubs. These relationships will directly impact the future of this club. Overall, brilliant progress.
- The club has produced the highest profit for 9 years. Fantastic effort everyone throughout the season.
- My thanks to all our sponsors – they are helping us to deliver our goals and objectives.
- The club needs to be mindful of our spending and take a more cautious view of expenditure over the coming seasons. 90% of our income is generated during the 22-week season and at times expenditure has been nervously high.
- Income from the Bar, Events and Refreshments exceeded our expectations. My thanks to Martin Harris, Kate Harris, Linda Barber, Joyce Harris, Stuart Rose and everyone who assisted with the running of events.
- Special mention to Sarah Leah for the excellent financial stewardship.
- Firstly, my sincere thanks to the captains (James Pool and Simon Barrow) for their leadership throughout the season.
- Once again, strong recruitment programme delivered at the start of the season. • Midtable finish for the 1st XI – a little disappointing given the quality of the 1st half of the season.
- 3rd place finish for the 2nd XI and strong run in the Cup (reaching Semi Finals) exceeded expectations. We need to ensure we achieve the right balance between winning and developing in the 2nd XI. The season presented a lot of selection headaches for the 2nd XI Captain. However, in the main – these were managed successfully.
- Looking ahead to 2018, a more consistent effort required at practise. To many weeks it is the same few players. Given the DCCL is moving to 6 divisions – 2018 will be a very challenging season for both senior sides – we need to ensure we’re ready. • The players breakfast was a huge success and is something we should look to do at the start of next season.
- My thanks to Jay Patel for his wonderful on field contribution to this club.
- Fantastic initial season delivering All Stars coaching. My thanks to Stuart Rose and Matt Robinson.
- Under 11’s finished as DCCL Champions. The standard of cricket on display at finals day was very high. Brilliant leadership from both Ricky Harris and Pete Higginbottom. The kids are really engaged with you both.
- We need more help from players in terms of coaching. Ryan Nixon’s contribution was very welcome but we need more from others. Overall, support from the general senior playing community continues to disappoint.
- Thanks to Debbie Harris who has built great relationships with the Junior Parents. This is crucial to our development. Fantastic to see some Junior parents attending the club dinner.
Role in the Community
- We’re doing a great job building a calendar of events that we’re sharing with the community on social media. From a social media perspective, we have over 3,100 followers, likes and subscribers on our main channels.
- Further work is required to engage people with surveys and to consistently release the newsletter.
- Clearly there have been issues with the car parking which has had a negative impact on our reputation around Speedwell. Signage will be arranged for next season and we must continue to request people park responsibly. We are also in the process of requesting a grid painted be painted on the road to ensure access to the driveway and ground.
- My thanks to Kevin Nield and Kez Davies for their superb efforts maintaining the square, outfield and areas of the ground beyond the boundaries. Fantastic job done at a time where we’re not able to invest over and above our standard spend on the square. The investment was made in the new blades and they have made a noticeable difference to the quality of the cut.
- Thanks also must go to the team who installed the new drain at the start of the season. Massive effort from everyone.
- Western Terrace was delivered as promised courtesy of Ben Harrison at Building and Damp Solutions. Special mention to Martin Harris who gave up a significant amount of time on both the drain and the terrace.
- Recently TCC has been successful in securing a grant from the ECB to refurbish the practise nets. Work will commence over the coming weeks and will be delivered ahead of the 2018 season. This news will be announced on 8th December. Watch out for it and share online if you can.
- 2017 also saw us gauge a much better understanding of the grant landscape with regards to the pavilion redevelopment – my thanks to Sarah Leah and Stuart Rose for their work in this area. Coupled with a very useful and informative session at Tintwistle Athletic – TCC has some big decisions to make over the winter around the kick off of the pavilion project, the financing of this project and formal grant application process.
In terms of our 5-year roadmap, are we on track?
In short, yes.
We are delivering the nets refurbishment ahead of schedule and this will allow us to focus attention on Clubmark and the pavilion project. Exactly how this project will be progressed will be discussed in January.
Financially, we are on sound footing and the benefits of the financial forecast are now being seen. We have moved forward significantly this season and I’m very pleased with the progress. My thanks to the management team, players and all our volunteers. Special mention to Hannah who has co-ordinated the meetings, processed communications from the league and done a fine job producing the minutes.
Clubs continue to fight for the same sponsors and the same players. Local cricket is in a very challenging space. In this respect, whilst we cannot rest on our laurels, we must acknowledge that Tintwistle Cricket Club continues to move forward in a very positive manner.
MRB – Chair
Election of Officers
Executive Officers (Also members of Mgt Team)
President: Bill Blackwell
Chair: Mike Barber (Trustee)
Vice Chair: Richard Harris
Hon Secretary: Hannah Pool
Treasurer: Sarah Leah~
CWO: Debbie Harris
1st XI Captain: James Pool
2nd XI Captain: Simon Barrow
Management Team (Trustees)
Trustee: Martin Harris
Trustee: Stuart Dodd
Trustee: Martin Ingham
Trustee: Bill Thornhill
1st XI Vice Captain: Ryan Nixon
2nd XI Vice Captain: Jack Booth
All Stars Activators
Stuart Rose & Matthew Robinson
Bar Secretary: Martin Harris
Ground Staff: Kevin Nield & Kez Davies
Auditor: Debbie Harris
Life Member Elections: Linda Barber, Joyce Harris, Marie Blackwell and Jay Patel
Pete Higginbottom did not stand for the role of 1st XI Vice Captain and Ryan Nixon was elected to the role. Tintwistle CC would like to thank Pete for his contribution.
TCC are pleased to announce a Grant has been secured from the ECB to fully refurbish the practice nets. The project will be delivered in the coming weeks by Total Play Ltd.
Great news for TCC.
Please Like and Share!
The Tintwistle CC AGM will be held on Tuesday 5th December at Tintwistle Liberal Club at 8pm.
If you would like to stand for an official position at the club, you must inform the Secretary (Hannah Pool) no later than Monday 27th November 2017 and also ensure you have a proposer and a seconder. Ideally, you should attend the AGM in person. If you are unable to attend, then please ensure the Secretary is informed prior to the meeting.
We look forward to seeing you there.
A quick thank you to everyone who is attending the TCC Presentation Evening. We’ve had a fantastic response and tickets have flown out the door.
We look forward to seeing you all very soon!
Tintwistle Cricket Club has been made aware of concerns raised by residents regarding inconsiderate parking around the speedwell cricket ground on recent match days, training nights and event days. We share our neighbours’ concerns that on occasion this parking has not only caused some disruption to people living nearby but also that it may have prevented emergency services accessing both the cricket ground or homes nearby. This is not acceptable, particularly as many of our neighbours are elderly.
Whilst our club has been established since 1835, we have been present on our current Speedwell Ground since 1854 when facilities didn’t account for high numbers of visiting vehicles. Equally, the volume of traffic didn’t present the same problems as we face today when we purchased the ground off High Peak Borough Council in 1983.
We will always work in partnership with our neighbours and maintain our clubs good standing in our village community. We respectfully request that all visitors to our club consider parking in areas that may impact less on our neighbours eg Arnfield Lane. If you choose to park close to our ground you must NOT double park or park across the keep clear signs. We will be requesting that the league communicate this message to all clubs. We agree with our neighbours’ concerns and seek your support in this matter.
For the start of the 2018 season we will add signage at the Speedwell section of the ground to request visitors to park legally and responsibly.
Most people may be aware that we are hoping to work towards upgrading our facilities and will investigate the provision of additional parking in the area. We will be working with our neighbours and the local council to look at options that minimise disruption to our neighbours.
The BDS Big Kahuna T20 Cricket Event is this Sunday (30th July 2017) feat:
- Broadbottom Cricket Club
- Dinting Cricket Club
- Glossop Cricket Club
- Tintwistle Cricket Club
We’ve linked a couple of videos that promote the event and also include the match draw!
Everyone Welcome to attend!!
Live Draw (streamed live on YouTube)
Tintwistle Cricket Club last won a cup at Junior Level in 1990. This success was the Under 17’s Knock Out Cup (Compstall Centenary Cup). The last Under 13’s victory was way back in 1978. As a result, today’s victory in the Under 11’s is hugely significant. 2 years into a 5-year plan that is focused on player development and we have achieved this amazing success. We are tremendously fortunate to have Richard Harris co-ordinating Junior development. A fantastic coach who develops players through encouragement and involvement. We also have a committed network of volunteers and coaches driving us forward. Thanks to everyone’s hard work we played superbly well today and there were standout performances by every one of our talented young cricketers. Our Tornadoes have made a lot of people extremely proud. A final thought on our brilliant Junior Parents! What a great bunch! Always there and always encouraging (and now bringing great snacks!!).
The 2017 Under 11’s Champions – The Tinsle Tornadoes
Match Highlights of our recent loss against Dinting CC.